- DIR Floortime Training and Intensive Interaction – Floortime is a therapy approach that focuses on joining children in activities that they enjoy and builds upon their strengths through warm and engaging exchanges. These exchanges encourage communication, connection and emotion. They challenge children to be creative, spontaneous and to push the boundaries to further explore and understand their world – thus strengthening emotional and intellectual growth.
- Karen Stagnetti: Learning to play – developing spontaneous imitation of pretend play skills, assisting children to understand the play of their peers and encourages emotional wellbeing.
- Social Thinking - we have attended workshops held by Michelle Garcia-Winner and Nancy Tarshis. Social Thinking concepts allow children to learn through guidance and play the behaviours for interacting and engaging with others more appropriately (or as their peers).
– Alternative and Augmentative Communication Systems, including Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS), social stories, comic strip conversations and support with Ipad for learning and communication. Talking Together is skilled in creating and implementing visual communication supports.
- Lidcombe Program: an evidence based behavioural treatment for early stuttering.
Kelly completed a Bachelor of Speech Pathology, at La Trobe University in 1996. She is a member of Speech Pathology Australia and is registered as a Certified Practicing Speech Pathologist.
Kelly is a Speech pathologist with experience in working with preschool aged children for 20 years.
Kelly has worked in a range of settings - in hospitals, community health, private practice, early intervention, mainstream and special school. Kelly has experience in diagnosing and working with children with autism spectrum disorder and their families.